Hello, I am going to show you how to make “The Elvis“. The sandwich, which consists of bread, peanut butter, jelly, sliced bananas, and bacon was popularized by Elvis Presley and has since become an American classic.
Sliced bread (I prefer whole wheat)
Peanut Butter (any kind)
Jelly (any kind)
1 Banana (sliced)
3 Strips of Bacon (Turkey or Pork)
Pam cooking spray or butter
- Place two slices of bread on counter. Proceed to smear peanut butter on one slice and jelly on the other.
- Peel one banana and slice thin. Add banana slices to sandwich.
- Add 3 slices of bacon to a frying pan. (Again, I’m using turkey bacon but usually the sandwich is made with pork bacon.) Cook bacon and add to the sandwich.
- Use the same frying pan in which we cooked the bacon (adds flavor) to fry the sandwich. Make sure to add a little cooking spray to the frying pan to prevent sticking.
- Fry the Elvis Sandwich to your liking, remove from the pan and enjoy!