I used photovisi for my K-12 visual assignment. It’s a photo collage service where you just need to upload your photos and the template, then download it. I made a collage on community workers. This is appropriate for children in kindergarten since they have a community helpers unit in this grade. Instead of coloring workers in books, I thought that taking actual pictures of them or cutting them out of magazines and putting it together in a collage with the children would be more fun for them. These are different jobs in our community that children are familiar with.
How I created this collage:
- I went to google.com image search and looked for pictures of community workers, e.g. police, fire fighters, etc. and saved them on my desktop.
- I went to www.photovisi.com and selected a template style
- Once I selected the template, I added my photos
- Once the pictures appeared on the collage, I resized and moved them around.
- I then clicked finished and downloaded the collage
[youtube width=”600″ height=”450″]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMOpDfX89f8[/youtube]
How I created this video:
- I went to google.com image search and looked for pictures of animals in the rainforest and saved it.
- Opened the iMovie program
- I selected new project from the menu
- I selected the template for my movie
- I then dragged the photos into the template
- I gave my project a name and saved it
- From the share menu on iMovie, I selected youtube and uploaded the video
iMovie was fun and simple to use. It gave you step by step instructions.