Do you ever wonder of interesting ways to liven up your bare, boring walls? Well I got the idea of putting toilet paper rolls to use by creating a fun wall decoration. I decided to share this floral art tutorial because it is not only inexpensive, simple, and fun, but can also be done from right at home because most of the materials needed can be found around the house. The final result of this project is pretty impressive and it will motivate you to think outside of the box.
- 8-10 Toilet Paper Roll
- Plastic bag
- A pack of Bobby Pins
- Spray Paint (color of your choice)
1. Find all of the materials and place them on an empty workspace. You can substitute some of the tools. For example instead of bobby pins use paper clips. If you do not have spray paint, nail polish or acrylic paint can also be used. If toilet paper rolls are not available towel paper rolls may also be used. Hot glue, crazy glue or just a regular all purpose glue can be used. Be creative with it.
2. Grab your roll and flatten it so it can be easily cut. Take your scissor and be prepared to cut your roll into 6 even pieces.
3. Here it shows the cutting results. This is how the flower petals should look like.
4. Take the petals one by one and glue one corner on each petal until you get your desired flower.
5. Clip all your petals together with the bobby pins until you form a 5 petal flower. Secure the petals well with the pins so you would not have a distorted flower.
6. Once the glue is completely dried, the flower should not fall apart. Repeat steps 2-5 to create more flowers. Place your flowers on the plastic bag and begin spray painting the flowers with your color of preference. Then let each flower sit and dry separately.
7. Voila! Finally, glue all your flowers in any pattern you like. To add stems or other designs to your creation, use your cutout scraps. Now put up your decoration on the wall and show off your re-useable technique!
Once I completed my wall creation, I realized how convenient it was since I did not have to go out to buy one, but instead made it on my own and it turned out to be an entertaining activity as well. This craft project actually turned out better than I thought it would and now I can stand back and admire the re-useable toilet paper roll art I made. I feel excited about sharing this tutorial because this way i can help others think of similar art ideas and maybe this can encourage others to create their own decorations. My favorite part of the making process is being able to personalize it any way I please and making it more “me”. I hope others can give this art idea a try and realize how enjoyable it can be to make something from scratch.